The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) instituted the “Italian Bilateral Scientific Cooperation Award” to recognize an Italian experienced scientist who has remarkably contributed to the advancement of science and technology, while performing his/her research abroad, thus improving Italy’s S&T relations with foreign countries and International Organizations.
The award will be presented during the Italian Scientific Attachés Conference to be held in Rome next March 2022. All fields of science and technology are included under this award. The award consists of an engraved medal and a diploma of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
· The “Italian Bilateral Scientific Cooperation Award” is assigned to an Italian scientist for his/her outstanding contribution to the advancement of bilateral scientific cooperation in any field of science and technology, through their activity in Czech Republic:
· The nominee should be resident in the country where he/she is nominated for the award, at least since January 1st 2018.
· The nomination should be submitted by an eminent scientist who is holding a leading position in a Scientific Academy, University, Research Institute or S&T Department of the Government of the Country in which the nominee is working.
· The nominee should be an established scientist with an excellent academic and/or scientific career and a recognised track record of research achievements. He/She should have joint publications in high impact journals and/or should have developed technologies supported by international patents, in collaboration with scientists from Czech Republic in which she/he lives and works. Research activities within multilateral organizations hosted in Czech Republic will be considered as well.
· At the time of publication of this notice, the nominee shall be a Senior Researcher (i.e. at least 10 years from Ph.D. graduation).
· Age limit: up to 65 years old at the time of publication of this notice
The award will be assigned without any restriction of gender, race or religion.
Evaluation Criteria and Mode of Selection
Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
· The scientific impact of the nominee’s work and research
· Relevance of the nominee’s work to Italy’s bilateral S&T cooperation with Czech Republic
· Potential for significant, long-term collaboration
· Promotion of young researchers’ mobility (incoming/outgoing) to foster the creation of bilateral research teams
· Nominee’s contribution to creative/innovative collaboration models
· Nominee’s capacity to keep contacts with the Italian research community.
The Award Committee, chaired by the Head of Office IX of the Directorate General for Cultural and Economic Promotion and Innovation of MAECI, will be composed by the Presidents and/or Representatives of the major Italian Research and Academic Institutions.
The Award Committee will select the winner of the Award by the end of ——–
The Italian Bilateral Cooperation Award will be presented next March 2022 during a Ceremony to be held in Rome at MAECI during the Conference of Italian Scientific Attachés at the presence of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
How to Apply
The Call for Nominations will be published on the websites of the Embassy of Italy in Prague.
Any scientist and institution willing to present a nomination may submit the form herewith enclosed, duly completed, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prague, December 6th 2021
Please send the form to the Italian Embassy in Prague by January 6th 2022, together with the following attachments in .pdf file:
1. Short motivation for awarding this prize (maximum 100 words) signed by the “nominator”.
2. Nominee’s major scientific achievements (maximum 1 page).
3. Nominee’s short CV (maximum 2 pages) according to the applicable law in data protection.
4. List of Nominee’s most important publications (maximum 1 page).
5. Nominee’s activities with the Italian scientific community (maximum 1 page)
6. Optional letters of support for the nomination (maximum 2 letters of maximum 1 page each). The letters of support shall be provided by eminent scientists other than the nominator.
All information provided will be treated according to the Italian Law (Legge 196/2003 and Regolamento UE 2016/679)